MPC Studio - What do we think?
Last Post 12 May 2012 10:52 AM by lucas572. 8 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

lucas572

Elite Soldier
Send Private Message -

--
    01 May 2012 08:17 AM

I'm sure you've herd... 

What do you think? Rival to the Maschine, and if it can time stretch properly I think it's a winner personally! Though it depends what the software's like, I think it's cool it ca work standalone or as a VST etc. in your current set-up. 

What do you guys think, would you get one?

Luke Seager Beats

Back & Forth, the album - Download it now | "Biggie wasn't fat, he was full of lyrics"

Teddy Robinson
    I'm Sexy.
    Veteran
    Send Private Message -

--
    01 May 2012 02:15 PM
    i sold my mpc1k practically when it got announced, not just cause i want the studio but also because they will drop in 2nd hand value when it comes out

i can easily see akai mess this up like they did some of their previous products, so im just gonna wait untill it comes out and see what its like and then decide wether or not to get one. if its no good im buying another 1k.

also, make sure you email akai and tell them to make the 'sudden' button something that is programmable. that would be huge.

lucas572

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    02 May 2012 08:31 AM
    haha, yea it does look pretty amazing. I have no worries about the controller, you know its gonna be top notch. I'm just worried about the software, I think if I got it i'd want to use it standalone, not as a VST or anything (my computers getting on a bit now, need to treat it kindly )

Yea I agree though, imma wait a little while after it comes out, see what people are saying about it, try and test one out somewhere too. But it definitely looks promising!
    Luke Seager Beats

Back & Forth, the album - Download it now | "Biggie wasn't fat, he was full of lyrics"

NH23!

Veteran
    Send Private Message -

--
    05 May 2012 01:09 AM
    The MPC Reneissance looks interesting aswell... I'm not so sure about the Ipad MPC Fly thing though.
    My beats | Twitter | Facebook | Mail: nhbeats@live.se

Teddy Robinson
    I'm Sexy.
    Veteran
    Send Private Message -

--
    07 May 2012 02:39 AM
    ^ the mpc fly thing is basically a mpc2000xl but on ipad, as far as i heard. still tho im not a fan of ipads but that could be fun.

Also im wondering what they will do to make the renaissance worth spending twice as much money then youd do on the studio. If their gonna do some of those stupid limitations on the studio to make the renaissance shine then im not buying

Sabotage
    The Pimp Hand (moderator)
    Elite Veteran
    Send Private Message -

--
    07 May 2012 07:40 PM
    As far as I can see, the Ren has the benefit of the larger control surface with literally everything at your fingertips + the built in interface with hardware sampling and resampling into the vintage circuitry. How much of a deal breaker that is going to be will remain to be seen.

I'm actually interested to see how the MPC fly comes out. Not because I'm impressed with the software (altought it has a nice sample browser). I'm more interested in the nifty highly portable pad controller it is. It's Core Midi compliant so it will work with all the other software on the iOS aswell.

Why no one else has not done a pad controller designed for the iPad is beyond me.

I'm having a keen eye on the project, but for now I'm content with what I got and can sit out the frenzy to see how it pans out. Besides I'm more into vintage Ensoniq gear lately anyways
    | MAIL | Watch this space!

lucas572

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    10 May 2012 01:31 AM

Yea I'm not a huge fan of the MPC Fly. I mean, the iPad has a lot more power now, for sure. But I don't think I could make a whole track on it...And if you need portability get the Studio and plug it into your laptop. Just my thinking behind it....I would be tempted by the Ren but I think it's just too big for me, and I'm not too fussed about having every single thing on the control surface, I'm happy to use the trusty mouse as and when needed

Do we know what the drums sounds they're shipping with them are like?

I was looking for release dates, and I'm hearing a lot of talk about mid August...I was hoping to be getting one for the summer, but august is pretty much the end of my holiday so I'd be back at uni with no time to use the new toy!

Maybe next summer.
    Luke Seager Beats

Sabotage
    The Pimp Hand (moderator)
    Elite Veteran
    Send Private Message -

--
    12 May 2012 07:54 AM
    Lucas, did you actually try luggin around a laptop and a controller on a daily basis? I did, it get kinda heavy and clunky pretty fast and you will be dependant on having a power outlet nearby anyways.

The drums are propably your standard AKAI library stuff. Not bad but not super cool either. (I'm just making a qualified quess here)

As for dates, my bet is autumn, but there are rumours about a summer date in the MPC-Forums.
    | MAIL | Watch this space!

lucas572

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    12 May 2012 10:52 AM
    Noo, well I take my laptop with me to uni all the time with no problems, I guess a controller (and potentially an interface too!) might be a little ott if you generally out and about. I could never see myself making a beat whilst out and about though, it'd feel weird lol. But I guess if you need to get something down there and then, the fly is what you need.

I hope it's summer! Though I can't see it being any time soon else we'd have something more official...which is annoying as hell because I break up in 2 weeks for my summer holiday! xD
    Luke Seager Beats

You are not authorized to post a reply.

To embed links, videos, pics, etc use the code: {embed=url}
    $23.32 (Click To Buy)
    [PLAYER CODE]

Users Online
    Membership Membership:
    Latest New User Latest: cvvvvvvvvvv
    Past 24 Hours Past 24 Hours: 42
    Prev. 24 Hours Prev. 24 Hours: 35
    User Count Overall: 104941

People Online People Online:
    Visitors Visitors: 62