DisC
Last Post 13 Jul 2010 07:57 AM by TRYDER. 12 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

TRYDER

Soldier
Send Private Message -

--
    30 Jun 2010 10:32 AM
    Not sure if I'm posting in the correct place  - I have a question about DVD+R(RW).  I know that some people(including myself) have had files disappear out of the blue after it was stored to Disc.  Recently I had realized that a song of mine that I had made awhile ago was mysteriously removed.  I had an urge to listen to a throwback song of mine and it wasn't there.

When I had purchased my new p.c. I had placed in the disc to listen to some old tracks and it was there.  Months later, it vanished!  Something told me to store it somewhere else, but it was too late.  It was a song I had used for my 1st battle here on W.B.(which by the way I lost, due to not using the proper dynamics).  TRYDER Vs. Mr. Whitepholk  Yeah I remember that day.  I was pissed!  Lol  I want sweet revenge danm it!

Anyways, is there a way of retaining this information back on disc?  I have a feeling that it can't be done, but hey! it's worth asking.  I just can't believe it, I really can't!  All of my other stuff is on there except this one particular song.  WoW!  That's now two songs that I really admired, down the drain.
    "Imagination is everything - It is the preview of life's coming attractions."

Sabotage
    The Pimp Hand (moderator)
    Elite Veteran
    Send Private Message -

--
    30 Jun 2010 12:41 AM
    Without knowing the exact technical specifications of your systems and the burner settings it's hard to digest. But in general, burn critical data at lower speeds and don't use cheap discs. CD is actually not that long time storage solution it was toteed as when it came out. (google it and you will see).

As for recovering lost data from CD's some of the better filerecovery programs out there also do CD's aswell as USB/Flash meda.
    | MAIL | Watch this space!

TRYDER

Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    30 Jun 2010 03:58 AM
    Posted By Sabotage on 30 Jun 2010 01:41 PM

As for recovering lost data from CD's some of the better filerecovery programs out there also do CD's aswell as USB/Flash meda.

Gd Lk'n Out On This Information.  Hopefully I'll be able to find some program out there that can restore it.  That would be nice!

TRYDER

Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    30 Jun 2010 03:58 AM
    Posted By Saha on 30 Jun 2010 12:24 PM
    sometimes this happens to me, i burn a disc, and then i put it back into the drive and shit aint on it. then after a while i come back put it in, and it works fine?

I may just have to clean it then huh?  I'll give that a try 1st

Saha

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    30 Jun 2010 11:24 AM
    sometimes this happens to me, i burn a disc, and then i put it back into the drive and shit aint on it. then after a while i come back put it in, and it works fine?
    Waz good peeps? Check out the new beat w/hook! email: sahaproductions93@gmail.com

Mystic

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    03 Jul 2010 12:28 AM
    Use quality discs. For example Verbatim. First, you can make a image of disc (.iso) with UltraIso, MagicIso etc. Then if it works correctly ( using Virtual drive ). Burn it at lower speed ( i prefer 8x ). Use quality burning program. This will minimize faults, too. I'm usin Nero. When i burning image file, I use Nero expres tool and select Burn image of disc ( or something similiar i have nero in my language ). When you do all of these steps, you can have your disc for long time in the maximum quality.

TRYDER

Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    03 Jul 2010 09:03 AM
    GD LK'N

TRYDER

Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    03 Jul 2010 09:07 AM
    Posted By Sabotage on 30 Jun 2010 01:41 PM
    don't use cheap discs. CD is actually not that long time storage solution it was toteed as when it came out. (google it and you will see).

I use DVD not CDs...After trying one of those recovery programs(CD Recovery Toolbox), I still couldn't get it to recognize my lost files.  It's just not there sad to say.  And that was one of my best rookie tracks.  Still can't believe it!

Sabotage
    The Pimp Hand (moderator)
    Elite Veteran
    Send Private Message -

--
    11 Jul 2010 02:47 AM
    CD's or DVD's, all the recovery tools are not created equal. Many of them claim alot but very few deliver. that said, sometimes it's just too late
    | MAIL | Watch this space!

Intersphere

Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    11 Jul 2010 04:12 AM
    It is weird. This rarely happens. Did you check if your CD is damaged in any way?

TRYDER

Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    11 Jul 2010 04:39 AM
    Posted By Rolf Vohs on 11 Jul 2010 05:12 PM
    It is weird. This rarely happens. Did you check if your CD is damaged in any way?

You mite as well give up the posting like crazy stuff because we all well know who has the most postings right now.  And that is Too-Integrated and my boi TR.  You simply cannot go 4rm 37 to damn  near 300 in one day.  Conserve your energy and go make a song why don't cha!

L to the K

Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    11 Jul 2010 07:13 AM
    Posted By TRYDER on 11 Jul 2010 05:39 PM
    Posted By Rolf Vohs on 11 Jul 2010 05:12 PM

You mite as well give up the posting like crazy stuff because we all well know who has the most postings right now.  And that is Too-Integrated and my boi TR.  You simply cannot go 4rm 37 to damn  near 300 in one day.  Conserve your energy and go make a song why don't cha!

Couldnt have said better ^^  Anyways, I just let him post but isnt there a way to mute people or something, NFX should do that, shouldnt he? Anyways, back to the topic, how many files are missing, only 1-2 or more? cuz that could be a different problem then

TRYDER

Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    13 Jul 2010 07:57 AM
    I believe a couple but could be more. And I'm still pissed about losing this particular song. Don't even remind me anymore!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

To embed links, videos, pics, etc use the code: {embed=url}
    $28.00 (Click To Buy)
    [PLAYER CODE]

Users Online
    Membership Membership:
    Latest New User Latest: Mike
    Past 24 Hours Past 24 Hours: 33
    Prev. 24 Hours Prev. 24 Hours: 30
    User Count Overall: 107780

People Online People Online:
    Visitors Visitors: 103