"Send To" Channels
Last Post 19 Mar 2011 07:30 PM by AMP-ONE. 6 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

KrypToKnight Beatz

Elite Soldier
Send Private Message -

--
    11 Mar 2011 03:23 PM

My problem is.....

When I take a sound and route it to my send 2 channel, the sound plays twice and makes it louder!

All im trying to do is route 3 tracks to my send 2 channel which has gross beat on there so those 3 sounds can play my gross beat effect. 

I'm a noob at using the send to channels so explain in simplest form if possible. thanks

Pompey Productions

Veteran
    Send Private Message -

--
    11 Mar 2011 04:18 PM
    ok, here's a little explanation so you'll know WHY it's doing that first.

lets say you have a reverb on your send channel. you send a mixer channel to it, but you don't cut the "dry" all the way down on the reverb. if you send 100% to that channel, you'll get double the dry signal, so it's gonna sound louder. why?
    because the original signal is routed to the master channel AND the send is routed to the master channel. solution, turn the dry on the reverb all the way down.

now with gross beat, you probably will need 100% of the signal going into it. so i doubt there is a "wet/dry" option in it (i may be wrong though). you'll probably have to create an automation for the original signal to route to the master channel. basically like a mute/unmute. but you can't mute the entire channel, b/c it will also mute the signal going out to your send. so you'll probaby have to basically automate the send to the master channel for the original and automate the amount from the original to the send channel.

basically as you send the original mixer channel to the send, you simultaneously have to remove the signal from the master channel and vice versa as you want the effect to come in and out.

at least thats one way i know of doing it.

it may sound a little complicated but it's really not.
    www.PompeyProductions.com www.twitter.com/P_O_M_P_E_Y www.facebook.com/pompeyproductions

Slavebell

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    13 Mar 2011 09:34 AM
    Don't use send channel...

Just put gross beat on empty track and ropute all 3 tracks to it. (right click and "route to this track only")

AMP-ONE

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    14 Mar 2011 10:11 AM
    I have this same problem with send channels, no matter what effect I load into it, it jacks up the volume on the instrument I send to it. So are send channels just a bullshit option? excuse my crude language.

KrypToKnight Beatz

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    14 Mar 2011 10:39 AM
    Thanks for the help guys. I get what your saying now and I'm going to try that way too slavebell

Pompey Productions

Veteran
    Send Private Message -

--
    14 Mar 2011 05:28 PM
    @ amp

u can use the send channels for ny compression effects and other effects you just have to eliminate the dry signal. usually there are switches or knobs on the effect to do this.

slavebell just gave the best way to use grossbeat in this instance. i'm guessing in order to turn it off, you would probably automate the mute button for the fx, unless it has a feature inside of it to stop processing the audio.

www.PompeyProductions.com www.twitter.com/P_O_M_P_E_Y www.facebook.com/pompeyproductions

AMP-ONE

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    19 Mar 2011 07:30 PM

@Pompey

Okay cool I appreciate the advice, I tried it on some vocals and I got a better understanding of the send channels, so I appreciate the help on that one

You are not authorized to post a reply.

To embed links, videos, pics, etc use the code: {embed=url}
    $12.40 (Click To Buy)
    [PLAYER CODE]

Users Online
    Membership Membership:
    Latest New User Latest: monkeyjitt
    Past 24 Hours Past 24 Hours: 33
    Prev. 24 Hours Prev. 24 Hours: 39
    User Count Overall: 108031

People Online People Online:
    Visitors Visitors: 108