This I go over a mix...
Last Post 16 Jan 2011 09:29 AM by Beatslanger. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Informative

Block

New Recruit
Send Private Message -

--
    12 Jan 2011 05:30 PM

Some Ideas for you to try on your vocals and let me know what you thought...

Mixing not mastering is what I'm here to focus on. Once a day or two has passed and my mind is clear from recording I go back and take a listen to what I have to work with. I usually keep my levels all below three db just so I know I have head room if anything need hp getting pushed threw the mix. I put each artist vocals in their own bus so I can edit more freely with each individual bus. I start with the hook and level all the vocals so they sound as one. not too perfect though because adding effects will also change the dynamics of the mix.  Then I apply some E.Q to the bus and to each track individually that needs a boost in certain frequencies. All vocal tracks  I keep under or around 5 DB and and pan the ad lib's halfway to the L and R channels. The lead and double usually separate them a little L and R so they not centered. After that is an effect chain that starts with a de-esser, usually some kind of vocal compressor so I can set them in the mix. On top of that I place a Reverb so the vocals can have some depth in the recording. Once the chain is set I level everything back to sound nice and usually put a noise reducer if necessary, but I use it with a flat recording for best results in my experiences. After touching up each vocal bus I mix each track to one Stereo bus and make sure everything is clear and heard threw one Stereo channel. Really each mic is different and it all depends on the sound that you are trying to achieve this is just my little process hope you enjoyed it.

Block

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    12 Jan 2011 05:32 PM
    my bad for title misspelling meant to put how I go over a mixing process : )

Beatslanger

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    16 Jan 2011 09:29 AM
    Nice Insight Will try to apply it da next time i get around to it
    Thanx
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

To embed links, videos, pics, etc use the code: {embed=url}
    $31.12 (Click To Buy)
    [PLAYER CODE]

Users Online