Beat Tape VOL I video: need advice on promotion
Last Post 26 Oct 2010 12:23 PM by Crookedwood. 9 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

Crookedwood

New Recruit
Send Private Message -

--
    20 Oct 2010 06:39 AM
    Hey Producers,

I got a new beat tape online on youtube and I would really like to know your opinion if I should do something different on the promotion or the video itself to get more publicity..

Thanks in advance!
    Crooked

KRiSR

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    20 Oct 2010 05:44 PM
    Maybe Put some video of you creating and Composing some of the beats on your tape... that would be more interesting and would make people connect more with what do rather than having just a beat playing???

Thats my 2 bobs!!! LoL

KRiSR on Reverb                                                                                             

KRiSR on Twitter                                                                                             

KRiSR on Facebook                                                                                       

KRiSR's Official Website (currently unavailable.) 

Crookedwood

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    20 Oct 2010 09:27 PM
    Thanks! Yeah I was talking about it with a friend the other day, he is into making promotinal video's for cash and that we could shoot a video but I guess I am nog comfortable with getting my face on the net... yet...

KRiSR

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    20 Oct 2010 09:43 PM
    Ah yeah I see what u mean bro... I sorta feel the same.. i dont like the spotlight..... You could wear a sick mask...LOL that would be cool... coz everyone would be like I wonder whos under it....!! LOL

KRiSR on Reverb                                                                                             

KRiSR on Twitter                                                                                             

KRiSR on Facebook                                                                                       

KRiSR's Official Website (currently unavailable.) 

Crookedwood

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    21 Oct 2010 12:17 AM
    Yeah that could work Skimask or something like that.. I was thinking bout maybe the camera angle over my back so you won't see the face but you can see the movements I make.. Or just an urban scene setting passing, some buildings and gangs from a moving car could work perhaps..

IV: The Fourth

Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    21 Oct 2010 11:48 AM
    I'm not entirely sure what a "beat tape" or what the aim for one is, but I can still lend some ideas. Maybe fill me in about beat tapes?

For the video itsself, I definately suggest you have more stuff going on to make it more interesting visually. At the least, add more pics... maybe some of your equipment, some screenshots of your FLP's etc. Sexy ladies always get views too, just make sure to be classy and original if you add some in; they are particularly useful as thumbnails. If you want it to look more professional as well, make yourself a nice, simple logo and have a custom intro and outro for your videos.

As far as promotion goes, how are you promoting now? and what do you want (specifically) out of promotion?

Crookedwood

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    21 Oct 2010 01:18 PM
    Thanks for the Reply IV. Well I don't have alot of time to produce tracks so I thought of putting out this kind of beat tapes. My purpose with this is to get rappers to listen to my beat tape and hear the snippet of a beat and contact me (hopefully) to build out the entire track. This way I'm not spending to much time on full tracks wich eventually aren't getting any rappers on it.

I feel you on the video and putting on more pictures at least. Dont know about the ladies though, I want to keep it more professional you know. But a screenshot of my flp files could get more views I guess. It weird how some videos get bout 1000 views and some get hardly any while the tags aren't that different.

For promotion I haven't done much yet cause I am still figuring out what I want with my beats.. first of all I want to get better in the process though.

Maybe some collabs with rappers to get more of a hang to it or some collabs with producers; expand my network..

IV: The Fourth

Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    22 Oct 2010 03:23 PM
    I feel you on not wanting to use pictures of sexy ladies, I don't use them myself either. For some reason, I'm more inclined to click on a video with the FL interface as the thumbnail rather than some other pic, so a screen shot or vid capture could be helpful. Also, for some reason videos with comments disabled slightly affects my mind negatively... might be just me though.

Collabs are definately helpful for improving your skills.

Slavebell

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    22 Oct 2010 03:45 PM
    If you don't want to be seend why just not make a video shooting just your hands? (playing, sampling, whatever) Theres alot of guys doing that...

And boutnot making full beats, idk...
    These days rappers just looking for finished tracks. They will buy it or not but you would have better chance of sale if you just finish them and open idk soundclick page or something

Crookedwood

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    26 Oct 2010 12:23 PM
    Thanks for the comments! Appriciate it. Yeah Im thinking about the hand / sampling thing, gotta figure out some original stuff here.

I didn't realise that rappers are mostly looking for the full tracks. Thought if you would give them some snippets they could feel it more easily or not and eventually save time with it. Thanks for that point of view!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

To embed links, videos, pics, etc use the code: {embed=url}
    $28.00 (Click To Buy)
    [PLAYER CODE]

Users Online
    Membership Membership:
    Latest New User Latest: tshajyang
    Past 24 Hours Past 24 Hours: 41
    Prev. 24 Hours Prev. 24 Hours: 28
    User Count Overall: 108055

People Online People Online:
    Visitors Visitors: 114