ART of Stereo Sepereation???
Last Post 25 Sep 2012 12:49 AM by Swizzle. 9 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

Swizzle

New Recruit
Send Private Message -

--
    07 Feb 2012 06:35 AM

I try to separate but i cant exactly know what instruments are suppose to be were know what i mean?

What im asking is there a way to separate so that each sound whether layered or not can have its own domain in a song? I use a lot of sounds in some of my beats and they all come together and sound like crap. So with that can i get some help with perfecting it? Please don't tell me its up to my ears cause i know that but i would like an opinion from some of the better producers. Thank guys

Dj Nance

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    08 Feb 2012 10:34 AM
    Stereo separation goes hand it hand with both panning and volume, so keep that in mind when you're mixing your tracks.

Mess with the "Phase separation" on fruity's stereo enhancer. That's what really controls how wide your sound gets. And I'll say it again just for good measure, you should keep lower frequencies in the middle while higher frequencies can be panned out more. Just be careful about loudness, more panning on high frequencies means more db's so adjust accordingly.

And yeah, the point of mixing is to make sure each sound has it's own spot in the song. If I knew how to do it like the pro's I would be making bank right now. It's a long process so be patient with yourself and listen to other peoples mixes to compare.

Swizzle

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    09 Feb 2012 04:39 AM
    Thanks man i appreciate the response. I had no idea that the higher frequencies were to be spread. Im sure not all but the majority.This is very important to me because i feel like ive gotten better lately and i wann show them off but i want them to sound good as well. But enough rambling. Thanks Nance you help alot.

Phantom Productions

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    22 May 2012 07:47 AM
    I always keep snares, kick, claps and such thing " in the middle " and instruments and such things " out/wide " in the speakers, and offcause some panning and volume

Phantom Productions

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    22 May 2012 07:47 AM
    I always keep snares, kick, claps and such thing " in the middle " and instruments and such things " out/wide " in the speakers, and offcause some panning and volume

Seasonz Beatz
    The Zookeeper (Moderator)
    Veteran
    Send Private Message -

--
    02 Aug 2012 09:13 PM
    [quote And I'll say it again just for good measure, you should keep lower frequencies in the middle while higher frequencies can be panned out more.

completely agree with nance here, u shouldnt pan the low-end at all, matter of fact slightly makin a kick or bass mono can solve some problems with samples tht take 2 much space, I stereoize mainly strings and choirz, remember that stereoizing gives sound a 3D feel, so it tends 2 put instruments in the back.
    “We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.”- Albert Einstein
    Warbeats Mail *Only To Report Site-Related Problems*: seasonz@warbeats.com
    E-mail: djseasonz_beatz@hotmail.com
    Seasonz On Soundcloud
    Seasonz On Facebook

BenMilli (TRS)

Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    10 Sep 2012 05:15 PM
    The rule generally is "Center the lower frequencies(Kicks, Bass, deep string, Dubstep bass) Keep mid frequencie sounds fairly centered instruments(mid/low piano, strings, snares, pads etc..), and pan the high stuff(hi hats, high strings, synths, etc.) but you also should remember those rules can be broken sometimes... I have hard panned secondary kicks and it sounded pretty dope so... Play around with it, try to follow the rules but don't let them keep the creativity boxed... Experiment with it, and as you experiment you'll find out what works, what doesn't, and what "doesn't work for this track"

Seasonz Beatz
    The Zookeeper (Moderator)
    Veteran
    Send Private Message -

--
    10 Sep 2012 06:33 PM
    but you also should remember those rules can be broken sometimes... I have hard panned secondary kicks and it sounded pretty dope so...

There are no musts when making music, Ive heard hard panning on bass and kick specially on old classical music and stuff like that, I use panning on my kick rolls/kick scratches and it sounds pretty cool, but panning the low frequencies 2 frequently may throw off the listener.
    “We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.”- Albert Einstein
    Warbeats Mail *Only To Report Site-Related Problems*: seasonz@warbeats.com
    E-mail: djseasonz_beatz@hotmail.com
    Seasonz On Soundcloud
    Seasonz On Facebook

BenMilli (TRS)

Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    10 Sep 2012 06:37 PM
    meh!!! My right headphones  blown anyways.... "Pan it ALL to the left I say"... Pan it all to the left

Swizzle

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    25 Sep 2012 12:49 AM
    Great tutorial in the FL help file if this doesnt help anyone

You are not authorized to post a reply.

To embed links, videos, pics, etc use the code: {embed=url}
    $15.52 (Click To Buy)
    [PLAYER CODE]

Users Online
    Membership Membership: