FL Studio Help
Last Post 30 Sep 2011 04:24 PM by DeeJohnson. 6 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

DeeJohnson

New Recruit
Send Private Message -

--
    01 Sep 2011 04:38 PM

Let me start of by saying that I am a total newbie to FL studio and dont have any ideal on how to use this step sequencer thingy. Im new to Beatmaking period and when I started I used this app on my ipod called Beatmaker2 and with Beatmaker2 it had a Drum pad which I would use by touching the buttons on my touch screen and that would be real easy to make beat with because all I had to do was loop record so that when ever I pressed one button the loop would keep playing over and over and I could add other drum hits to it by pressing buttons. But with FL I dont have an mpc for my computer and using the step sequencer seems weird and much more difficult to make a beat with. Can someone explain it to me better?

Kerouac

Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    02 Sep 2011 12:30 AM
    Hi lots of questions you got there.

There are different ways in FL studio to lay down your drum pattern but the easiest is the step sequencer imo.
    Just drag and drop the sounds and highlight the steps you want a sound to hit. Just mess around with it and you'll be laying down drumpatterns faster then you think.

If you want more 'feel' and hit your drums yourself instead of clicking you'll have to control midi data to trigger the sounds. This can be done by a midi keyboard, midi controller with drumpads (padkontrol, mpd, triggerfinger..) or even with your computer keyboard. If you try the last one be sure not to get to enthousiastic with your hits..

You can record this in FL using the stepsequencer or you can try out the FPC (fruity pad control).

I'm just showing you around. If you wanna learn more in depth on the different things i mention here just go to the tutorial section or google around to find what you wanna learn. FL studio's learning curves aren't that steep, but you'll have to find your way. That's half of the fun :-)

Go try it. Peace.

K.

Ray

Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    02 Sep 2011 06:17 AM
    Adding to making your drums real, mess around with the swing knob on the top right of the step sequencer. It off sets the notes that land on the 2 and 4. The 2 and 4 are the 2nd and 4th in every red and black set of 4 you see. 1, (2), 3, (4).
    "The only thing that comes to a sleeping man is dreams." -Pac

DeeJohnson

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    02 Sep 2011 03:28 PM
    Thanks for your advice. But I was wondering if their was a loop function were I could set it for one bar like in the step sequencer. So that lets say I pressed a key and made a Open hat sound the loop keeps playing over and over and is recording so I can record that whole drum loop like that.

Ray

Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    02 Sep 2011 04:21 PM
    Top right of FL, check Enable Loop Record/Overdub. You also have to go into the options (F10), and check "record to step sequencer."
    "The only thing that comes to a sleeping man is dreams." -Pac

DeeJohnson

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    29 Sep 2011 05:26 PM

Thank you.

DeeJohnson

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    30 Sep 2011 04:24 PM
    I have another question, How are loops made like is their a way I could make my own sound effects loops or are those synths? Im also wondering how are those cool producer tags made?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

To embed links, videos, pics, etc use the code: {embed=url}
    $28.00 (Click To Buy)
    [PLAYER CODE]

Users Online
    Membership Membership:
    Latest New User Latest: angeleh
    Past 24 Hours Past 24 Hours: 36
    Prev. 24 Hours Prev. 24 Hours: 41
    User Count Overall: 104677

People Online People Online:
    Visitors Visitors: 63