Lil Wayne-Tha Carter 4
Last Post 09 Dec 2011 05:26 PM by PointBlank. 19 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

DeeJohnson

New Recruit
Send Private Message -

--
    01 Sep 2011 04:31 PM

What were you guys thoughts on it? To me it sucked and very disappointed with it.

Nick

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    04 Sep 2011 10:18 AM
    Personally, I haven't liked Wayne's stuff since around Tha Drought 3. Just doesn't feel like he's bringing everything to the table like he used to. Maybe i'm stuck in my ways but it just isn't as appealing anymore, trying too hard to make as much money as he can.

K1ng

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    04 Sep 2011 08:36 PM
    I like it OK. Theres a couple songs I really like but I'm already getting tired of them and will surely be annoyed with them once they hit radio.

Im pretty tired of Wayne's style in general. "gonna go retarded, yellow short bus" "she crazy bout that dick, Lorena Bobbitt"

Can he not put the sentence together properly? It seems he does this sort of format a good 60% of the time.

Weapon Of Mass Creation (WMC)

Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    04 Sep 2011 08:36 PM
    wayne is heavily overrated, i think his team knows that and he does as well, which is why he made a clone (Drake) and surrounded himself with a less talented crew (gudda gudda, tyga,bow wowl) he should stop playin and sign soulja boy already

Slliks (aka Skillz)

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    05 Sep 2011 10:37 AM
    can't at least come up with a different name for the title of the album, it is like madden 1 thru 12 i will change some but not a lot,
    nah not for me.

Castanza = Can't Stand Ya.

Megiddo

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    06 Sep 2011 11:43 AM
    Is it me or he doesn't write his own lyrics?
    Somebody sent me the digital booklet and I've noticed more people credited for writing on tracks that aren't by any means featurings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tha_Carter_IV

Check for yourselves.

TooIntegrated
    Your Girlfriends Dream (moderator)
    Veteran
    Send Private Message -

--
    07 Sep 2011 07:44 AM
    Lyrically I won't say ish.. but production wise I like almost half.. and mirror (bonus track with bruno mars) is bananas.. you gotta admit..
    Twitter: Click Here | FaceBook: Click Here | E-mail: TooIntegrated@gmail.com | Artist Webpage: Click here

Member of the Warbeats Music Group
    -----
    I am coming back. Too Integrated - The Sleeping Giant

DBS

Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    07 Sep 2011 12:43 PM
    I thought it was pretty much garbage but one of the beats inspired me to try something new so something good came out of it.

BigSnook

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    07 Sep 2011 04:05 PM
    yeaaaaaaaa i cant even say that im disappointed or expected anything other than what the album is, amazingly sub-par and lazy. outside of a few tracks and i mean less than 4 that album is garbage. this is the only dude i know who will decently rap on mixtapes and then fall off on his album. dude starting to be just a feature/single rapper to me. old lil wayne could actually carry an album

Ryno

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    07 Sep 2011 06:56 PM
    The thing that bothers me about Wayne is that his songs don't take you ANYWHERE... They are a bunch of decent one-liners back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back... There's no story, there's no substance. I feel like I'm watching Zoolander when I listen to Lil Wayne. "The man has only one look for Christ's sake! Blue Steel, Ferrari, Latigra? They're the same face! Doesn't anyone notice this?! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!" Is it just me or does Lil Wayne say the SAME THING in EVERY song?! lol
    Stay Humble, Stay Hungry & Feed Me !

Pompey Productions

Veteran
    Send Private Message -

--
    07 Sep 2011 08:03 PM
    it's you ryno...he named some other colors and cars in the other songs. lol.

but i feel you. thats why i've never really been a fan of waynes music after the block is hot...really. the first carter and everything was lyrically mindboggling for what it was...but the substance was gone way back then.

but he's got fans. "how to love" took him from a rapper to a pop star over night. he might not have substance and his rhymes may be subpar...but he knows how to make songs that folks can dig....dig enough to make him go almost platinum...if not platinum.
    www.PompeyProductions.com www.twitter.com/P_O_M_P_E_Y www.facebook.com/pompeyproductions

misterphreeze

Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    08 Sep 2011 07:25 AM
    Yo, I like the beats a lot. They are nothing special except one or two tracks.

The Carter 4 is just like the first 3. Good metaphors/similes but nothing that makes me think, nothing that inspires me. He is talented, but I'm bored already.

Can he please make some substance sometimes? Super overrated, can't stand the guy.
    facebook.com/abhiphop reverbnation.com/ncab

Ryno

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    09 Sep 2011 04:58 PM
    @ Pompey
    it's you ryno...he named some other colors and cars in the other songs. lol.

Good one lol. Na but I feel you, and I don't particularly blame artists like Wayne for making music that lacks any substance. If it sells, why not get yours? But instead I blame the consumers for buying these artists music. We actually had a good thread going about this similar issue you should check it out. (I didn't check to see if you already posted in it but look at it anyways lol). It basically poses the question; What will the [music] industry be like in 20 years?

AuroraSpectrum

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    17 Sep 2011 08:40 AM
    President Carter Up Up and Away Mirror Nightmares of the Bottom and Outro is the best ones. Well and the interlude with Tech N9ne and Andre. The rest are either played out, lacks rememberance, or just too lacking in general.
    https://soundcloud.com/blackskyalbedo/sets/doomsday-score https://soundcloud.com/auroraspectrum/sets/a-summers-dream

Ryno

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    17 Sep 2011 10:27 PM
    What about How To Love?!?!? Wayne's got PIPES, he can really sing! What a F%$#ING JOKE ...

azl

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    04 Oct 2011 07:31 AM
    personally im so tired of this "bitches,cars and weed" when will the people realise that this mainstream music is boring? same thing over and over again..

JayRadical

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    06 Oct 2011 08:22 PM
    im tired of his style, lyrically. some of the beats that he had on there, though, i really liked.

elliotn

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    06 Oct 2011 08:34 PM
    I like this album, yes its not one of the best but I like it

Stone Heart

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    09 Nov 2011 03:11 AM
    Indeed the album is really nice

PointBlank

Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    09 Dec 2011 05:26 PM
    production was good imo. don't think wayne deserves those instrumentals anymore though. he's fallen off big time. carter 4 was pretty terrible.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

To embed links, videos, pics, etc use the code: {embed=url}
    $28.00 (Click To Buy)
    [PLAYER CODE]

Users Online
    Membership Membership:
    Latest New User Latest: rashid
    Past 24 Hours Past 24 Hours: 44
    Prev. 24 Hours Prev. 24 Hours: 20
    User Count Overall: 104750

People Online People Online:
    Visitors Visitors: 68