Sends/Inserts
Last Post 31 Oct 2011 11:42 AM by Sciencesounds. 5 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

JKLS

New Recruit
Send Private Message -

--
    01 Sep 2011 03:40 PM

Hi,

I want to learn how to effectively use sends and inserts in FL Studio. I have a newish project underway, and I'm trying to gel my drums, instruments, and effects together and figured a good way would be to send all my drums into one mix bus that compresses them together and adds some minor reverb. However, when I try this, having the send channel at 100% volume doubles the volume of the original sound (if it's also at the default level).

Is there a way to maintain the original volume level of the dry sound, while still hearing the additive effects of reverb and especially compression in the wet sound?

Godson Official

Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    01 Sep 2011 04:14 PM
    Simply turn off/lower/disable the "dry" signal level of the effect on your plugin in the SEND channel. Nearly every plugin has the ability to do this.
    Make lovely mixes not loudness war. SOUNDCLOUD: http://www.soundcloud.com/thegodson FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/godsonofficialmusic

JKLS

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    01 Sep 2011 04:21 PM
    Yeah, I got that easily with my reverb plug-ins, but compression doesn't seem to be able to "add" wet so much as it processes the original sound. Know of a compressor that can work around this?

Pompey Productions

Veteran
    Send Private Message -

--
    01 Sep 2011 04:54 PM
    then you don't need to use a send. you need to send the drums to another mixer channel. or have them going to the send and disable them going to the master channel.
    www.PompeyProductions.com www.twitter.com/P_O_M_P_E_Y www.facebook.com/pompeyproductions

QuickSkimper

Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    06 Sep 2011 06:31 PM
    Pick an empty channel, then go through all your drum channels and link then to the empty channel by right clicking the that send tree thing on the empty channel while a drum channel is selected. Repeat for all drum channels and you've done what Pompay had suggested. All drums hit that "empty" channel before the master allowing you apply drum compression on that track without having the uncompressed drum sound as well.

Sciencesounds

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    31 Oct 2011 11:42 AM
    Thanks!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

To embed links, videos, pics, etc use the code: {embed=url}
    $23.32 (Click To Buy)
    [PLAYER CODE]

Users Online
    Membership Membership: