Please understand that the Beat Feedback System is not to be used as a showcase of your skill. It is a tool you should use to improve your skill. As such, only Warbeats members should evaluate them. In other words, don't send friends and family here to rate your beats.
The Beat Feedback System (BFS) is a community operated way for you to improve your beat making skills by getting feedback from other beat makers. Because this is a community thing, you are expected to give feedback as well.
You will probably find that giving feedback is as good and sometimes better for building your skills because it will force your ear and mind to focus on the important aspects of making beats. You can learn a lot from other people's success and mistakes as you begin to recognize what make a beat hot or cold.
Leaving feedback will help you build something called karma points
. The more feedbacks you leave, the higher your karma points will be. Karma points are used to calculate how many download points you get per day and how often you can upload new beats.
Read the article "What is Good Beat Feedback
" on how to leave good feedback to get an understanding of how to be honest and helpful while still being critical of other peoples beats.
You will probably get feedback that you don't like.
Do not complain or whine about this.
We all get bad feedback. I suggest you try and understand where the person was coming from or ignore it. If you experience an extremely hateful/racist/illegal comment, let us know immediately.
If you suspect someone left a comment just to hurt you or to increase their feedback count to allow them an upload credit, you can hover over the comment and mark it with a thumbs down. This gives them negative karma for that comment/rating.
Do not send a retaliation feedback to someone who rates you badly. This helps no one and wastes the system resources. If I see this happening, you may get banned from using the BFS.
On the other hand if someone leaves a particularly helpful (not just praise) comment, you can give it a thumbs up, which increases that raters karma.
We do have some automated ways of detecting certain feedback abuse,
To begin using the Beat Feedback System, go to your Track Manager under the Beat Feedback item on the main menu.
it is up to you to rate the comments to make the system work the best.
The basic Rules:
1) You must give 8 feedbacks for every one upload. This is a community driven system so put in work.
2) The feedbacks you give must be honest and helpful. If you start giving crap feedbacks just so you can upload your beats, you will get banned. Your feedbacks are no longer anonymous.
3) You can only upload once every 24 hours. You should upload beats you really need some help with and get the feedback.
4) You should have no more than 10 beats in your track list. More than that and older beats may get deleted automatically.
5) Your beats will be removed after some time (not yet determined). Once you get your feedback there is no reason for it to remain online.
6) If your karma dips too low, you may lose upload privileges and be unable to see your previous upload comments. The only way to earn back positive karma is to leave helpful feedbacks and rebuild it.
Post your questions and comments about the BFS in the Beat Feedback System Forum.
Watch this video for a walkthrough: