Tired of those nonsense raters.
Last Post 09 Sep 2011 03:50 PM by NFX. 25 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages

Solidbeatz (BIG T)

Elite Soldier
Send Private Message -

--
    23 Apr 2011 01:10 PM

Yo fam.

Im using the beat feedback to get honest feedback on my beats because that way i can improve it.

No beat is perfect i know that.

But im sick of those people that are rating:

Nice beat man.

Nice track not my style of music but I like it .

not to bad just wasnt feeling the reggae part in it.

You know those feedbacks.

Well i have a suggestion for nfx for that.

Is it a good idea to higher the minimum words to much higher so that those people really need to write something before they can upload new beats?

It is so annoying to see it.

-SB

Solidbeatz (BIG T)

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    23 Apr 2011 01:12 PM
    And i dont know if the bad feedback button is working because i cannot see that i gave it if i click on it.
    The page is only refreshing, maybe a bug?

Br0
    The Pacific Islander
    Veteran
    Send Private Message -

--
    23 Apr 2011 07:32 PM
    ^It works bro try using another web browser.Chrome is what works for me.

Ryno

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    23 Apr 2011 10:29 PM
    I feel you on this, and that's actually not a bad sugguestion to increase the minimum word count. I hate when someone comes through and says "Nice beat, but not my style" and rates it like 3 3 2 1. It's like damn, even if you don't personally like it you can still respect the mix, sounds and composition of my track. But whatever, I guess you just gotta let the bad one's go!
    Stay Humble, Stay Hungry & Feed Me !

B-ez

Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    24 Apr 2011 05:40 AM
    I pretty much agree with everything said, but raising the minimum word/letter requirement won't stop you from getting bullshit/lazy feedbacks, just longer ones. An example of one I received "vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyygggggggggggggggggoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooodddddddddddd!" seriously. Sometimes out of 10 feedbacks you might only get one that was of any help or maybe even none. It sucks, but whatever.

"Insert deep and meaningful or witty quote here."

Blackula

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    24 Apr 2011 08:26 AM
    Feedback karma rating doesn't work for me either. Here's a recent favorite of mine:

Mix:4 Sounds:3 Composition:3 Personal:2
    this soundz ok i like it itz gud but itz kinda repeats but that ok also

I agree that on average you get 1 decent feedback for every 10 received. The solution? I doubt there is one, you can't force people to become smarter.

Rex Trackman

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    24 Apr 2011 10:02 AM
    Yo..we can't complain..I'm new here and I found 1 fatal flaw..If you give someone a rating they don't like the diabolical hater will seek you out and destroy your rating..but don't complain,go back to the drawing board,make a hotter track and when everyone is loving your music the a**hole that's giving you the sh*tface will keep finding it harder and harder to compete!!!Average beat makers will eventually be confused..so in closing,write the names down of everyone that is sorta kinda hate'n on your tracks,that are giving you the so-so I like it..but here's a 3 so you can't succumb or pass me attitude and ignore and never give help to the diabolicals...I'm watching you..I'm out beat dropping you..and I ain't going nowhere so get used to me,RATINGS MEAN NOTHING..BUT CONFIDENCE IS EVERYTHING!!!KARMA

NFX
    Commander In Chief
    Elite Veteran
    Send Private Message -

--
    24 Apr 2011 11:13 AM
    Ratings do matter is you look at the big picture. Individual ratings don't matter.

if one guy rates you all 10's it means nothing just like if 1 guy rates you all 1's

But if most people rate you lower at say "Mix", it should be a clear indicator that your mix needs some work.

I say, ignore the high ratings and praise because it means nothing except to make you feel good. It does not make you better to hear this. Ignore the haters, it only makes you feel bad and does not make you better. In both cases your ego is in the way.

Pay attention to the guys in between with honest comments that pertain to what problems they think you have and can work on. Thats the gold right there and if you can take that honest criticism you will get better.

Warbeats - Dropping Knowledge Like Bombs Since 2005... Has Warbeats helped you? - Please consider going VIP to help us pay the bills.
    ---
    Over 300 FL Studio, Music Theory and Beatmaking Video Tutorials
    Warbeats Music Group

V!Vbeats

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    07 May 2011 01:49 AM
    but some people just put punctuation marks for the comments, for example they say:
    "this was horrible............................................................................................." and then somehow it adds up to 50, they could also say something that doesn't make sense at all like "kjasdnkjlnflsnd" and then submit so they can just get to 8 feedbacks and they can post they're beat...maybe something can be done about this?

Ryno

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    07 May 2011 11:36 AM
    Allow other people to "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" other raters feedback!

AW

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    23 May 2011 02:19 PM
    this site is mainly hip-hop yes but i'm sayin.... 1) DON'T RATE A BEAT ALONG THE LINES OF HIP HOP IF ITS IN A DIFFERENT GENRE and say it needs this/ it needs that. DO NOT BE GENRE SPECIFIC WITH FEEDBACK. the ratings call for mix, sounds, composition AND personal. and 2) PLEASE DO NOT MAKE ANY MENTION ON THINGS THAT YOU ARE NOT SURE ABOUT or at least have the courtesy to say that you cannot make a critical judgement or straight criticism on the track. im just sayin. thats why i stopped posting a few years back cus 1 in 20 you'd get some truly honest feedback in return
    "i have never met a man so ignorant that i couldn't learn something from him". Mahatma Gandhi

AW

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    23 May 2011 02:22 PM
    if it aint brass, organs and 808's it aint music. please
    "i have never met a man so ignorant that i couldn't learn something from him". Mahatma Gandhi

B-ez

Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    23 May 2011 06:17 PM
    Just use the thumbs up thumbs down feature. You can't control what people say or how they rate your track. You might get something you like you might not. Don't dwell on the score cause they are just numbers and really don't mean shit. I don't say anything, but give a (7-6-9-10). How does that help you?... strokes your ego? Worry about the feedback. I could give all ten and say I hated the beat would you worry or complain then and vice versa. If feedback really sucks and is obvious bullshit, then thumbs down and move along. If the feedback just isn't what you wanted to hear... then maybe you, we, I should set our ego aside and move along. Bottom line we cant control what people say or do. Thumb up, nothing or down and move along.

Ryno

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    23 May 2011 10:20 PM
    Don't dwell on the score cause they are just numbers and really don't mean shit. I don't say anything, but give a (7-6-9-10). How does that help you?... strokes your ego?

Ya it's funny to see people thumbs up this feedback: "10-10-10-10 Pretty good beat, nice vibe." (which helps you in absolutely no way...) and then thumbs down this feedback: "5-6-6-7 Hey man, you're headed in the right direction. It's just the mix is pretty fuzzy, try adding some EQ. Also, try turning the bass down, it's hitting way too hard. Other than that, I'm really diggin this one" (which is not the best score, but it's honest and helpful). Basically what I'm saying along with most other people is that THE NUMBERS DON'T REALLY MEAN SHIT. If they coincide with the feedback then great, if not then they are pretty much worthless.

Phazor

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    26 May 2011 11:06 AM
    I often notice that people write something like "Not my style but nice anyway". I personally pick another beat if i remark that this specific beat doesn't belong to the genres I normally listen to. But others try to increse their counter and rate it with nonesense. So why not introducing a system which asks for your favourite genres when you create an account, and offer the possibility that uploaders can tag their uploaded beat, so that the beats are only offered to those people who are interested in those kind of beats?

I think this would improve at least a little bit of the situation.

afronasty2000

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    27 May 2011 04:38 PM
    i agree with SFR/FFM and his comment about the particular genres of songs. It might be helpful to be able to have a bigger selection of tracks to choose from to rate,
    and possibly have the genre(s) that you can best advise so it will be most helpful to the beatmaker you're rating.

Ryno

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    03 Jun 2011 08:12 PM
    and possibly have the genre(s) that you can best advise so it will be most helpful to the beatmaker you're rating.

I've suggested that in the past, I think it would help a little bit with the "nice beat, but not my style" problem. Although, as a producer you should be well rounded enough to rate any style of music at least on the mix, sounds and maybe composition.

Solidbeatz (BIG T)

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    05 Jun 2011 08:15 PM
    Offtopic: whats wrong with this topic size =S

Ryno

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    06 Jun 2011 10:59 AM
    Offtopic: whats wrong with this topic size =S

What?lol

bendover@yahoo.com

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    06 Jun 2011 11:31 AM
    im tired of the people that get all their face book friends and twitter friends to sing up and rate their beat high so they can be number 1 or high ranked because they have an ego problem and think war beats means something in the music world
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

To embed links, videos, pics, etc use the code: {embed=url}
    $23.32 (Click To Buy)
    [PLAYER CODE]

Users Online
    Membership Membership:
    Latest New User Latest: Teez
    Past 24 Hours Past 24 Hours: 28
    Prev. 24 Hours Prev. 24 Hours: 36
    User Count Overall: 107464

People Online People Online: