Looking for some constructive criticism
Last Post 22 Mar 2011 04:11 PM by Powda B. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

Powda B

New Recruit
Send Private Message -

--
    17 Mar 2011 07:28 PM

Hey guys, I just "finished" an instrumental that I've been working on and was hoping to get some constructive criticism.  While I have plenty of beat that I'm trying to finish up, i figured I'd just start by posting 1 and go from there.  Anyways, I was hoping you guys could give me some feedback, and if possible some tips on how I might be able to improve the beat.  I have to say I have been really impressed by some of the beats I've heard on this site, and basically everything I learned about FL Studio was from the NFX tutorials, and these forums, so I am really hoping you guys could help me reach the same level.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Jayye Cruz

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    22 Mar 2011 02:33 AM
    Whattup Powda B.
    First off, nice beat man, you've got some sick sounds and melodies.
    One thing i noticed was the snare drum sounds pretty stock, like the one that comes preloaded on FL, it would probably help to find a more unique, pro sounding one. you could find one pretty easy with some free online sample packs
    the drums overall, but especially the kick, need to be turned a fair bit up. You really want the drum pattern in the foreground.

Your melodies and instruments are great, you've got quite a fresh sound, i'm loving it. I would probably turn down the lead just a touch, so it's not dominating the track too much though, but thats just a matter of taste

Keep up the good work
    Respect, Jayye Cruz.

Hit me back on the feed? http://warbeats.com/Community/Forums/aft/5290

Powda B

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    22 Mar 2011 04:11 PM
    Hey Jayye, thanks for the feedback. I think you were right on with your comments, so I went ahead and tweaked the sounds a little, and added an extra layer to the kicks, and turned them both up. Definitely sounds better than before. Also, I didn't notice how loud the leads were until you pointed that out for me...kinda funny how you can miss the obvious..I guess listening to the same thing so many times you kinda get used to the sound until it sounds right.. Anyways, I made the changes you recommended(though I probably still need to mess with the volume setting a little bit, once i get my good speakers back and fix the headphone jack on my laptop. Anyways, thanks again for the feedback, it was definitely helpful. Oh and also, thanks for the compliments too, I've been trying to come up with my own style that fits my personality, and its great to hear compliments like that, especially when my sounds tend to be so different than what I'm used to hearing from other producers. Anyways, thanks again, and I'll be sure to check out your beat, and let you know what I think. =)
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

To embed links, videos, pics, etc use the code: {embed=url}
    $18.64 (Click To Buy)
    [PLAYER CODE]

Users Online
    Membership Membership:
    Latest New User Latest: mrniceguy602
    Past 24 Hours Past 24 Hours: 27
    Prev. 24 Hours Prev. 24 Hours: 37
    User Count Overall: 104912

People Online People Online:
    Visitors Visitors: 82