Finishing up a project
Last Post 03 Jul 2012 03:42 PM by Sabotage. 8 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

lucas572

Elite Soldier
Send Private Message -

--
    18 Jun 2012 06:41 AM

Hi all,

So I've been working on a music project with a rapper from NC for easily over a year now, between uni and work and everything else going on. It's just about finished up now, putting the final touches on it and I have to say, it's a great feeling to get a project finished. 

We plan to get physical copies made, up it to iTunes, bandcamp, soundclick etc. and see where it goes. Has anyone finished up a full project on here before (with an artist). What were your experiences of it? Any tips? Problems you came across?

Thanks!

Luke Seager Beats

Back & Forth, the album - Download it now | "Biggie wasn't fat, he was full of lyrics"

NFX
    Commander In Chief
    Elite Veteran
    Send Private Message -

--
    20 Jun 2012 09:08 AM
    Let me know when it's done so I can send a fb/twitter blast for ya.
    Warbeats - Dropping Knowledge Like Bombs Since 2005... Has Warbeats helped you? - Please consider going VIP to help us pay the bills.
    ---
    Over 300 FL Studio, Music Theory and Beatmaking Video Tutorials
    Warbeats Music Group

lucas572

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    20 Jun 2012 10:15 AM
    Will do man! Much appreciated
    Luke Seager Beats

Back & Forth, the album - Download it now | "Biggie wasn't fat, he was full of lyrics"

Sabotage
    The Pimp Hand (moderator)
    Elite Veteran
    Send Private Message -

--
    20 Jun 2012 03:11 PM
    It would be alot easier if you had a specific question or a problem at hand. Lemme know if you do and I'll try to assist you the best I can.
    | MAIL | Watch this space!

lucas572

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    21 Jun 2012 10:23 AM
    No there's no specific problem. I'm just wary that I might run into a problem trying to get this project out there, and just generally wondered how things like this have gone for others in the past . One question I do have though is, would iTunes ask for sample clearance confirmation, or don't they care all that much?
    Luke Seager Beats

Sabotage
    Elite Veteran
    Send Private Message -

--
    23 Jun 2012 11:42 AM
    iTunes per say would propably not do so altough you will most likely be signing a clause stating everything is "cleared". However this will also propably going to be done thru a third party distrubution service that will distrubute the relese to most major online outlets alongside iTunes.

You will however have a harder time getting past the manufactoring of the physical copies without clearence. Almost all manufactoring plants will specifically put you on blast about samples and will flat out refuse to do the work if an doubt excists. The physical copy is still a requirement to able to be listed on charts etc... so it's preferable to do those aswell, even if in small scale.

lucas572

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    24 Jun 2012 12:05 PM
    hmm, we'll see how it goes then. Yea we were going to go through Tune Core for the digital distribution of it. Hopefully the manufacturer doesn't pay much attention to the audio.

Well, I've finished up the covers, currently tagging the final audio files and they're off to be pressed! (hopefully). Will update on a release date as soon as I know of one
    Luke Seager Beats

lucas572

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    24 Jun 2012 12:27 PM
    Okay, how the heck do you edit wav file tags? I thought Media Monkey could do it but it only seems to affect the file within the program, not the file itself :S
    Luke Seager Beats

Sabotage
    Elite Veteran
    Send Private Message -

--
    03 Jul 2012 03:42 PM
    most "mastering" programs should be able to do it. If you want a standalone tool, google "Wav meta tag editor" and you shold get a punch of alternatives.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

To embed links, videos, pics, etc use the code: {embed=url}
    $77.92 (Click To Buy)
    [PLAYER CODE]

Users Online
    Membership Membership:
    Latest New User Latest: Rohnan
    Past 24 Hours Past 24 Hours: 27
    Prev. 24 Hours Prev. 24 Hours: 39
    User Count Overall: 108082

People Online People Online: