Under The Influence
Last Post 24 Jun 2012 03:59 AM by TooIntegrated. 8 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

BenMilli (TRS)

Soldier
Send Private Message -

--
    07 Jun 2012 11:15 AM
    Twos quezstions; Who influences you the most when you make your beats and when you are in need of inspiration? I myself grew up listening to alot of Dr. Dre, Eminem style beats and so it influences the way I put together a track..... And does what you listened to when YOU were younger show in how YOUR compositions come out?

NFX
    Commander In Chief
    Elite Veteran
    Send Private Message -

--
    07 Jun 2012 01:34 PM
    A lot of my influences growing up are in my music. Sometimes I don't realize it till I'm listening to older radio (80s 90s) and hear a song and realize that I did something in a similar way.
    Warbeats - Dropping Knowledge Like Bombs Since 2005... Has Warbeats helped you? - Please consider going VIP to help us pay the bills.
    ---
    Over 300 FL Studio, Music Theory and Beatmaking Video Tutorials
    Warbeats Music Group

BenMilli (TRS)

Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    08 Jun 2012 03:06 AM

It's weird how it happens sometimes.... There's alot of times I hear something I made and one of the instruments is playing the exact same pattern I've heard in a song I was listening to earlier  

Sciencesounds

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    08 Jun 2012 06:43 AM
    I use to get inspired by a lot of Dr.Dre's music, one day I was listening to dre's old album and my father walked in the room and said "where did you get that Funk album from" after arguing with him for 10-15 minutes he went and got his George Clinton and Roger Zapp and a Stevie Wonder album. The songs that he played for me were some of the same styles on Dr. Dre album. I was amazed. So now I listen to the old stuff all the time to come up with different ideas. Lately I been listen to Willie Hutch. He made the theme music to the movie "The Mack" a classic!

Psalm4T1

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    11 Jun 2012 07:59 PM
    I played in the band and so I like orchestral sounds and have a hard time imagining a beat with synths and pads in it. I even sometimes don't make bass-lines except for low piano and brass and strings. That's what inspires me the most but the more common inspiration is listening to what somebody did with a beat and then adding my own little twist on it.

Kerouac

Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    12 Jun 2012 12:23 AM
    Nice thread. I'll give away my inspiration:

DJ shadow, amon tobin, bonobo, mr scruff, RJD, thievery corporation,..

And since i'm into sampling i have to give credit to everything i'm sampling. Cause i can only work with a sample if it inspires me. If it gives me ideas to work around, to change, to create,..

So that would include 70's prog/psych rock, movies, french chanson, soul, disco, ambient,..
    Haha you can find inspiration everywhere when you're open for it.

Peace guys.

K.

rarghhhhhhhhhhhh

New Recruit
    Send Private Message -

--
    23 Jun 2012 12:54 PM
    I can't really pinpoint what influences me to do what, but I'm sure the accumulation of every song I've ever heard that I've liked has some effect on how I make music. I don't consciously try to emulate anybody, but I'm sure if I dug deep enough I'd see some similarities.

Seasonz Beatz
    The Zookeeper (Moderator)
    Veteran
    Send Private Message -

--
    23 Jun 2012 02:57 PM
    I gotta say that my influence comes from all my music, every artist I listen 2 influences me in a certain way, and Im sure that it does 4 all, Thats what makes music so diverse, talkin about my influences would happen 2 be a long-long-long list, and I would probably never accomplish it, because there are so much things that influence me without even being conscious of it...
    “We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.”- Albert Einstein
    Warbeats Mail *Only To Report Site-Related Problems*: seasonz@warbeats.com
    E-mail: djseasonz_beatz@hotmail.com
    Seasonz On Soundcloud
    Seasonz On Facebook

TooIntegrated
    Your Girlfriends Dream (moderator)
    Veteran
    Send Private Message -

--
    24 Jun 2012 03:59 AM
    I've said it before.. People and emotion inspire me..
    Twitter: Click Here | FaceBook: Click Here | E-mail: TooIntegrated@gmail.com | Artist Webpage: Click here

Member of the Warbeats Music Group
    -----
    I am coming back. Too Integrated - The Sleeping Giant
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

To embed links, videos, pics, etc use the code: {embed=url}
    $26.44 (Click To Buy)
    [PLAYER CODE]

Users Online
    Membership Membership:
    Latest New User Latest: LilPeso187
    Past 24 Hours Past 24 Hours: 11
    Prev. 24 Hours Prev. 24 Hours: 38