Mixing wavs
Last Post 07 May 2012 08:38 PM by Pompey Productions. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

Muzzetto

New Recruit
Send Private Message -

--
    02 May 2012 08:33 AM

Some people export mixer tracks to multiple wavs files and then mix them in other programm. Whats the diffrence mixing in wavs or mixing in FL mixer?

Let's imagine sittuation that i mix wavs in FL and then mix same track in same project in FL mixer, what difference will I get?

brgnbeat (mrLabile)

Elite Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    02 May 2012 09:33 AM
    No difference, except that when you have exported your tracks to .wav your vst's (synths and stuff) wont use CPU.

Maxisback

Soldier
    Send Private Message -

--
    04 May 2012 01:06 PM
    I have found, however, that when you're working with certain VST's, you get some "lag", and it just sounds off. So I would make sure to leave your original project intact if you decide to go the WAV way, just in case it doesn't work out for you. had to recreate large portions of a track because of this.

Pompey Productions

Veteran
    Send Private Message -

--
    07 May 2012 08:38 PM
    you can bounce to wavs without messing up your original project. Just have all your instruments tracked out to each mixer channel, then export the mixer channels. Then load them back up into a separate fl project. I wouldn't advise pulling it up in the same project b/c you'll use the cpu of the vst's you have open PLUS the cpu it takes to read those long wav files simultaneously.

Some of us prefer mixing in other programs, but it's strictly preference for whatever the reasons may be. Personally, I used to make a beat in fl, bounce the wavs out, record my vocals in protools, then mix everything in protools. Now i make my tracks, record vocals, and mix all in Logic 9. To me I hear a difference sonically...some people say there is no difference. It just depends on what you want to do.
    www.PompeyProductions.com www.twitter.com/P_O_M_P_E_Y www.facebook.com/pompeyproductions
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

To embed links, videos, pics, etc use the code: {embed=url}
    $23.32 (Click To Buy)
    [PLAYER CODE]

Users Online
    Membership Membership:
    Latest New User Latest: nucr8ion
    Past 24 Hours Past 24 Hours: 31
    Prev. 24 Hours Prev. 24 Hours: 36
    User Count Overall: 104792

People Online People Online:
    Visitors Visitors: 40